Trading activities on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Year to Date, returned negative 14.09% as the ALL SHARE INDEX declined by 14.09%, closing at 27,002.15 points at the close of trade in November 29, 2019, against the previous close of 31,430.50 points in December 31, 2018.
The MARKET CAPITALISATION grew by 11.20% year to date, closing at N13.033 trillion against the previous close of N11.72 trillion in December 31, 2018.
Aggregate volume of traded stocks grew by 144.46% year to date, closing at 227.18 million units against the previous close of 92.93 million units.
Value of traded stocks, year to date was down by 7.39%, closing at N3.66 billion as against the previous close of N3.95 billion.
Deals was down by 21.67%, closing at 3,246 deals on the last trading day in November 2019 against the previous close of 4,144 deals in December 31, 2018.
- 33 stocks emerged on the gainers list.
- CORNERSTONE INSURANCE led other gainers with 295% growth, year to date. The share price grew from N0.22 to N0.79.
- This is followed by C&I LEASING with 234.27% growth. The share price moved from 1.78 to N5.95
- The third on the gainers list is CHAMS PLC which grew by 75% year to date. The share price is currently N0.35 from N0.20
- THOMAS WYATT NIG. PLC is the fourth on the list with 65.22% growth year to date. The share price grew from N0.23 to N0.38.
- The fifth on the gainers list is BOC GASES PLC with 45.37% growth, year to date. It grew from N4.21 to N6.12
- Year to date, there are 87 stocks on the losers chart with INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES shedding 69.18% of its share price to close at N9.4 from N30.50.
- GOLDLINK INSURANCE shed 62.26%, year to date to close at N0.20 from N0.53
- RESORT SAVINGS & LOAN shed 60% of its share price to close at N0.20 form N0.50
- GUINNESS NIGERIA shed 56.94% to close at N31 form N72
- GLAXOSMITH shed 56.90% to close at N6.25 form N14.50