The equity market on Monday, 30th November 2020 sustained its positive vibration amidst profit taking and low trading volume. Though before noon today, the market was actually down. Stocks like BUA Cement lost N1, MTN gained N0.20. It was the 10% gain in Airtel that shot the market up, crossing the 35,000 points again which translates to 0.45% growth as the All Share Index increased to 35,042.14 points from the previous close of 34,885.51 points. Investors gained N82 billion as Market Capitalisation grew by 0.45% to N18.310 trillion from the previous close of N18.228 trillion.
The market breadth closed negative as 17 equities gained while 29 equities declined in their share prices.
An aggregate of 415.53 million units of shares were traded in 5,267 deals, valued at N4.898 billion.
Today being, the last trading day for the month, the market has returned 30.55% year to date.
Stocks to Watch
The following stocks are attractive at the moment: Zenith Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank, WAPCO, UBA, Access Bank, FBNH and Glaxosmith.
- Zenith Bank came to N24 today which is making it more attractive
- Guaranty Trust closed at N33.20, making it very much attractive
- WAPCO closed flat today at N23. It is trading 11.54% away from its 52 weeks high of N26, which implies an uptrend potential for the share price of the company.
- UBA came down to N8.30 today. There is bounce back potential for the share price of the bank.
- Access Bank traded flat today to close at N8.6. The stock is currently trading 28.33% away from its 52 weeks high of 12%. At that, there is growth potential in the share price of Access Bank
- FBNH came down to N7.2 which makes it very attractive for investors to take position.
- Glaxosmith dropped to N6.6 today. It is trading 24.14% away from its 52 weeks high of N8.70, at that, there is growth potential for the share price of GSK.
AIRTEL and AICCO Insurance both led other gainers with 10% growth to close at N588.50 and N1.10 respectively.
Tripple G and Japaul among other gainers also grew their share prices by 9.09% and 8.33% respectively.
Northern Nigerian Flour Mills and Cutix Plc led other price decliners as they shed 10% of their share prices to close at N6.93 and N1.53 respectively.
Fidson Healthcare and Neimeth among other price decliners also shed their share prices by 9.87% and 9.63% respectively.
- Multiverse Mining and Exploration Plc traded about 84 million units of its shares in 3 deals, valued at N16.8 million.
- Zenith Bank traded about 47.02 million units of its shares in 583 deals, valued at N1.13 billion.
- Transcorp Plc traded about 34.07 million units of its shares in 190 deals, valued at N34.29 million.