Olubunmi Osuntuyi is an industrious and highly experienced management professional, trainer and leader. She is the Secretary General of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Nigeria. She has Master of Science (M.Sc) in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management from the University of Lagos and a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Sociology. A seasoned administrator and media expert with over two decades of experience with both public and private sectors, Bunmi stands tall among her peers leading with a touch of excellence.
Prior to joining International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Mrs. Osuntuyi was the Chief Operating Officer in IQ Limited. She also served has Head of Programmes and Training at the Institute of Directors, Nigeria. Her leadership and wide experience comes into play as she strategically charts the course of positioning ICC, Nigeria to pinnacle of greatness.
An ICC Certified Trainer on International Contract Terms, Olubunmi is privileged to have several professional qualifications which include: Certificates in Project Management, ICC Certificate of Achievement in Mentor 600, Finance of International Trade certificate from the Institute of Export, UK and certificate on Leadership Training on Ethics & Corporate Governance from the Robert Morris University, USA.
A Member of the Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON) and Society for Corporate Governance (SCG), Mrs. Osuntuyi represents ICC Nigeria on the Governing Council of Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association (NECA).
Having coordinated several programmes, business fora and events both locally and internationally, Olubunmi has always being focused at delivery of excellence in her career.
Mrs. Osuntuyi is indeed, a force to reckon with in the private sector due to her commitment to best practices and good business ethics. Her work experience cuts across journalism, advertising, training, and capacity building.
International Chamber of Commerce, ICC is the world business organization, a representative body that speaks with authority on behalf of enterprises from all sectors in every part of the world. ICC was founded in Paris in 1919. Today it groups hundreds of thousands of member companies and associations in over 120 countries.
Business experts drawn from the ICC membership establish the business stance on broad issues of trade and investment policy as well as on a wide range of policy subjects of interest to companies worldwide.
National committees convey to their governments the business views formulated by ICC. The United Nations, the World Trade Organization, the G20 and many other intergovernmental bodies are kept informed of international business views through ICC.
Members of ICC enjoy several benefits which include:
- Access to the corridors of power. As ICC members, company executives are in contact with ministers and international officials at the heart of intergovernmental groups such as the G20 and United Nations.
- Influence at the international and national level through ICC’s network of national committees and groups.
- Connection to a network of the world’s most influential and dynamic companies of all sizes and in all sectors.
- Updates on developments in policy, law and regulation at an early stage, winning time to make the right decisions for their business.
- ICC members help write the rules that business uses every day to reduce costs and uncertainties in areas from arbitration to banking and commercial contracts.
- Skill building, easy access materials, training and conferences around the world.