The Nigerian equities market on Tuesday closed on a negative note as the All Share Index declined by 1.11% to close at 26,384.21 points against the previous close of 26,681.31 points on Monday.
- Market Capitalisation was down by 1.19% to close at N12.734 trillion against the previous close of N12.888 trillion. This implies a loss of N154 billion at the close of trade on Tuesday.
- Volume of traded stocks closed at 196.3 million units, up by 1.87% from the previous close of 192.68 million units.
- Value of traded stocks was N3.55 billion in 3,153 deals.
The market breadth closed negative as only 8 stocks gained while 23 stocks declined in their share prices.
Royal Exchange Assurance with 7.41% growth led other gainers to close at N0.29 from the previous close of N0.27.
This is followed by FCMB, gaining 3.95% to close at N1.84 from the previous close of N1.77.
Other stocks on the gainers’ list include Ekocorps (3.75%), United Capital (2.29%), Glaxosmith (1.75%), Access bank (0.55%), Zenith Bank (0.27%) and Nigerian Breweries (0.1%).
Daar Communications led 22 other price decliners, shedding 10% of its share price to close at N0.36 from the previous close of N0.40.
This is followed by Arbico Plc, shedding 9.95% of its share price to close at N3.89 from the previous close of N4.32.
Cornerstone Insurance and Fidson Healthcare both shed 8.82% of their share prices respectively among other price decliners.
- Guaranty Trust Bank traded about 49.22 million units of its shares in 215 deals, valued at N1.43 billion.
- Access Bank traded about 21 million units of its shares in 264 deals, valued at N192 million