The equity market on Thursday continued with the bullish runs as investors take position ahead of the full year earnings results for 2020. The All Share Index appreciated by 1.54% to settle at 40,963.14 points from the previous close of 40,341.05 points. Investors gained N325 billion as Market Capitalization appreciated by 1.54% to close at N21.419 trillion from the previous close of N21.094 trillion.
An aggregate of 809.36 million units of shares were traded in 6,706 deals, valued at N8.9 billion.
The market breadth closed positive as 49 stocks appreciated in their share prices against 7 stocks that declined in their share prices.
Stocks to Watch
- Access Bank grew to N9.50 from N9.15. It is currently trading 20.83% away from its 52 weeks high of N12. At that, there is uptrend potential in the share price of Access Bank. With the book value of N19.12, Access Bank is considered cheap at the current share price of N9.50.
- FBN Holdings grew to N7.50 from N7.35. It is trading 16.67% away from its 52 weeks high of N9 which implies an uptrend potential for the share price of the big elephant. Considering its book value of N19.84, relative to the current share price of N7.50, it is obvious that FBNH is underpriced and has a lot of growth potential embedded in it.
- Zenith Bank grew to N26.40 from N25.9. It is trading 7.37% away from its 52 weeks high of N28.5. With the book value of N32.94, relative to the current share price of N26.40, Zenith Bank has a lot of uptrend potential.
- WAPCO grew to N23.50 from N22.6. It is trading 9.62% away from its 52 weeks high of N26.
- UBA grew toN9.05 from N8.80. It is trading 7.65% away from its 52 weeks high of N9.8. With the book value of N19.16 as against its current share price of N8.8, UBA is considered cheap and has uptrend potential.
- Guaranty Trust Bank grew to N33 from N32.4. It is trading 14.17% away from its 52 weeks high of N38.45, which suggest an uptrend potential for the share price of Guaranty Trust Bank.
Champions Breweries led other gainers with 9.82% growth, closing at N1.23 from the previous close of N1.12.
NASCON and Japaul Gold among other gainers also grew their share prices by 9.72% and 9.45% respectively.
Courteville Business Solutions Plc led other price decliners as it shed 8.33% of its share price to close at N0.22 from the previous close of N0.24.
Neimeth and Union Diagnostics among other price decliners also shed their share prices by 6.36% and 3.13% respectively.
- Transcorp Plc traded about 136.578 million units of its shares in 232 deals, valued at N130.187 million.
- Mutual Benefit Assurance traded about 70.59 million units of its shares in 124 deals, valued at N27.389 million.
- Guaranty Trust Bank traded about 68.99 million units of its shares in 624 deals, valued at N2.25 billion